CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Healthy Granola by Amy

Here is a healthy granola recipe my friend Amy shared with me so I could share it with you!
Thanks, Amy!
Basic Healthy Granola from Amy
This is a basic recipe (adapted from Alton Brown of Food Network).
Adding other ingredients to this base works very well.  I have tried an additional cup of pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cashews, etc.  Dried fruit should work just as well. 
Combine on cookie sheet:

6 c oats
1c sunflower seeds
2c nuts (I prefer slivered almonds, pecans or walnuts)
1c unsweetened coconut (Bobs Red Mill is available at Fred Meyer)
Mix  together,  then pour over dry ingredients on cookie sheet:

1/4c  b sugar
1/2c  maple syrup
1/2c  vegetable oil
1/2c  honey
Cook at 350 until desired colorStir frequently

0 comments:

Post a Comment