CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 28, 2011

At last the garden is growing!

After being on vacation for a week, the garden seems to have really grown - at last! 



Doesn't this bell pepper look yummy?



There was evidence of deer eating from our beans and tomato plants.  Yesterday in the middle of the afternoon, I saw a doe and two fauns boldly feasting.  Now perhaps when I see deer eating in other peoples' yards, I won't be as quick to say, "Oh, how cute! A deer!" 
 
I call this picture "Brazen Thieves". 

If you have ideas for keeping deer out of gardens, please share with me!



Eloise Joy sits on Grandma's quilt in the shade of the blueberry bushes. 



I've decided to enter a weekly photo challenge that I read about a few weeks ago.  Just thinking about the challenge has helped me try to improve my photography.  You can find the challenge here

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

loved the tour of the garden.

And that dear girl on the quilt.

As for the deer? They are pests. Human hair (if you do any cutting) spread around seems to deter them a bit. And BIG fences.

Glad you joined up~ I do hope I see you again!

Post a Comment